As winter is coming to a close and the days are becoming warmer, heavy lunches can sometimes leave you feeling full and sluggish.
It’s spring day today and what better way to welcome the new season than with this delicious lemon and honey chicken salad!
This recipe by Taste.com.au is scrumptious and perfect for your lunchbox on a spring day! This salad can serve 4 people or serve 1 person 4 times (we think it’s that tasty).
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice, extra
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mint leaves, half the leaves finely chopped
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, each sliced into thirds
- 200g podded (from 1kg unpodded) fresh or frozen broad beans
- 1/2 (200g) garlic ciabatta loaf, halved length-ways, torn into small pieces
- Large handful of baby spinach
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Combine lemon zest and juice, honey, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and chopped mint in a large bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken, stir to coat, then place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to marinate.
Meanwhile, blanch broad beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Remove tough outer skins. Set aside.
Place ciabatta on a baking tray and grill for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp.
Preheat a chargrill pan to high. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until caramelised and cooked through.
Toss broad beans, ciabatta, spinach, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and whole mint leaves in a large bowl.
Whisk together mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season. Pour over dressing and top with chicken to serve.
Pack your chicken salad into a resealable container and load it into our easy-to-wash Icon Chef Lunch Buddy to keep it fresh throughout the day.
You can get your Icon Chef Lunch Buddy from our outlet store today.
Address: 5/62 Bishop St, Kelvin Grove, QLD
Opening times: Mon – Fri, 10:00 – 16:00